Online - Community Services - Academic Communication Assessment
Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 12:00 AM - Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 11:30 PM
The Community Services Academic Communication Assessment (ACA) is a pre-application requirement for RRC's Child and Youth Care, Disability and Community Support, Early Childhood Education (ECE), and ECE Workplace programs.
The ACA tests your ability to read and write at a college level. You will read a short article and will then complete a written response (an essay) based on what you have read.
- You will have 90 minutes to complete the assessment.
- It tests your comprehension of a reading related to your RRC program of interest.
- It tests your writing skills through the completion of a 5-paragraph essay writing task. You will be assessed on your ability to:
- Produce basic, structured academic paragraphs on presented and familiar topics.
- Effectively introduce, support and conclude an idea within a 5-paragraph structure and within each paragraph.
- Correctly employ grammar, sentence structure, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, tone, and word choice and usage.
For more information about the assessment, and to access resources that may help you prepare, please visit Community Services Academic Communication Assessment.
Registration period closes Thursday, May 13, 2021